Meet August's Cheese of the Month
Face Rock Creamery's Apricot Honey Fromage Blanc
Meet the cheese of the month for August: Face Rock Creamery’s Apricot Honey Fromage Blanc. This soft, spreadable cheese is like cream cheese but is fresher, less processed, and lower in fat. It’s creamy and smooth with the perfect hint of sweetness from apricot preserves and honey.
Pair This Cheese With:
Recipe: Apricot Honey Fromage Blanc Danish
- 8 ounces Apricot Honey Fromage Blanc
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sheet boxed puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, egg yolk, salt and vanilla until smooth. Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag or a plastic bag.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a 12 square. Trim edges if needed for a straight edge. Cut the dough into nine 4-inch squares and transfer to parchment lined baking sheets. Brush the corners of each square with beaten egg, and fold down each corner into the center of the square.
- Cut the tip off the filled pastry bag or plastic bag about a half inch from the corner. Pipe a circle of cheese filling onto the center of each square.
- Brush the top of the dough with the remaining beaten egg.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until pastries are puffed and golden brown.