Cheese of the Month: Green Dirt Farm's Garlic Herb Sheep's Milk Cheese
Our cheese of the month for April is a creamy, spreadable garlic herb sheep's milk cheese from Green Dirt Farms. Green Dirt Farm uses its own sheep's milk to create a unique fresh cheese that ripens and drains for 48 hours before it is packed. The result is a bright, lemony cheese with a soft, delicate curd and a clean milkiness on the finish -- similar in style to a chevre, but without the distinct flavor of goat's milk.
This delicious cheese has garlic notes combined with a lovely mixture of lovage, chives, and parsley. This cheese is extremely versatile and pairs well with IPAs, dried figs, and roasted red peppers. Add it to your weekly delivery with some crusty bread or crackers for a great snack!
Cheesy Garlic Herb Quiche Bites
Have a brunch gathering coming up? Try this quick recipe for crispy, cheesy quiche bites, featuring our cheese of the month. The recipe takes only 25 minutes to make 45 bites that are sure to please your friends and family!
- 6.5 oz. Green Dirt Farms Garlic Herb Cheese (2 packages)
- 1/4 cup Alpenrose whole milk
- 2 large Alpenrose eggs
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Minced chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, beat the cheese, milk, and eggs together.
- Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet; fill each with about 2 teaspoons of the egg, milk, cheese mixture and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until filling is set and shells are lightly browned. Sprinkle with chives if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!