Recipe: Brown Butter Sauce
Brown butter is regular butter that has been cooked just long enough to toast the milk solids found in it. Toasting the milk solids adds a lovely nutty, buttery taste to anything you add it to. It's great for topping pasta dishes with, and works extremely well in baking. Try it on any of your favorite Classic Foods' pasta dishes.
- 1 stick unsalted Alpenrose butter
Make Brown Butter in Just 5 Minutes:
- Place a wide heavy-bottom pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the butter. As it melts, continuously swirl the butter around the pan. The butter will go from brown to burnt quickly, so stay close.
- Keep swirling the butter over the heat until it is light brown in color and smells nutty. Take it off the heat and use it in any of your favorite recipes that call for melted butter.
- OPTIONAL: For herb-flavored brown butter, add a handful of fresh sage, rosemary, or fresh thyme to the pan while you make the brown butter.