Introducing: Don Froylan's Queso Botanero - Your New Favorite Cheese!
Pulling apart like a high-quality Mozzarella, this flavorful cheese is just as ooey gooey but with just a hint of a kick from cilantro and jalapeno carefully folded in. You might have even had some before and just not known, but queso botanero is traditionally used in Mexican recipes like quesadillas, chile rellenos and tostadas. It is beloved for it’s thick, bouncy, melty quality that adds a satisfying texture to its already mind-blowing taste.
Perfect in any recipe where you want just a bit more kick, we love Don Froylan’s queso botanero in everything! Some of our favorite ways to enjoy the cheese are by itself, melted on top a snack sized flour tortilla with a fried egg, some bacon and sliced avocado on top for an easy breakfast. The possibilities are endless.
But today, we’ll show you how to make a simple but special 3 cheese quesadilla also using Beecher’s Flagship Cheese, and Tillamook Shredded Mozzarella, De Casa Flour Tortillas and Alpenrose butter, yum!
What You’ll Need…
- 1 tablespoon Alpenrose Unsalted Butter
- 2 De Casa 10” Flour Tortillas
- ½ cup Don Froylan Queso Botanero, grated
- ½ cup Beecher’s Flagship Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Tillamook Shredded Mozzarella
How to Prepare…
- Melt 1 tablespoon of Alpenrose unsalted butter in a large sauce pan or cast iron skillet set to medium low. This recipe comes together quickly, so be sure to have all your ingredients prepped.
- Place approximately ¼ cup of any of the cheeses and then layer the next cheese on top of the other in the center of a tortilla. Repeat until the tortilla is filled with quesadilla mixture. Then cover with the second tortilla.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until both tortillas are crispy and the cheese is melted. Perfect any time!