Crowd Pleaser: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Don't let the dreaded hangries ruin your holidays! Put the game on, or some fun board games out, and whip up this quick and delicious buffalo chicken dip for everyone to snack on while dinner is cooking. This creamy, cheesy dish is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Serve with celery, carrots, and your favorite chips & crackers.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (make this step easier with a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup Alpenrose sour cream
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 1 oz. package of Ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Optional: shredded cheddar and/or blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.*
- In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, shredded chicken, and hot sauce until blended. Spoon into a 1 to 2 qt. sized casserole dish. Top with cheddar cheese if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is browned (if using). Top with blue cheese crumbles if desired.
*Alternatively, you could place all your mixture, plus half your cheddar if using, into a slow cooker and set it to 1.5-2 hours on HIGH until heated through. Mix thoroughly then top with remaining cheddar, if using, and cook 15 minutes longer until cheese is melted. Serve sprinkled with blue cheese if desired.