Cheese of the Month: Portland Creamery Sweet Fire Chévre
Portland Creamery is a beloved artisan goat cheese producer whose mission is to nourish our community by supplying delicious, nutritious, local, and ethically produced dairy products.
For the month of May, our cheese of the month is their iconic Sweet Fire Chévre. Portland Creamery works with other Oregon growers and producers to create a delicious marionberry habanero jam that pairs perfectly with their Chévre. The result is a perfectly balanced cheese that's sure to please. The creamy goat cheese balances out the sweet jam and savory heat of the habanero--all in one bite! Open your container upside down and let the marionberry jam coat your cheese before digging in with pretzels or pita chips.
Chévre with habanero and sweet, jammy marionberries.
Complex & delicious: Sweet jam and savory heat are subdued by creamy lactic cheese.
Soft and spreadable—try it on your brunch waffles, bagels, or oatmeal.
Sweet Fire Corn Pudding
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 4 ounces Portland Creamery Sweet Fire
- 4 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup milk or half & half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch cake or tart pan.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until very soft, about 12 minutes. Mix in flour and stir for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl, let cool. Add eggs to onion mixture and whisk to blend. Mix in corn, both cheeses, milk, and salt. Season with pepper.
- Pour the batter into prepared dish. Bake the pudding until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.