Napa Cabbage Slaw with Charred Scallions & Lime Dressing
So, you’ve just ordered our Summer Harvest Produce Box, and you have a giant head of napa cabbage—what to do? Don’t worry Alpenrose has you covered. Bright and crunchy, and easy to throw together for a weeknight side or sure to steal the show at your next BBQ, below is a recipe for napa cabbage slaw with charred scallions & lime dressing.
What You’ll Need…
- 1 bunch scallions (about 6), trimmed
- 1 habanero chile, seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- Zest of 2 limes
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 head of Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large watermelon radishes or one 6" piece daikon (Japanese radish), peeled, cut into ⅛"-thick matchsticks
- Thinly sliced mint and thinly sliced red onion (for serving)
How to Prepare…
- Heat a dry medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Cook scallions, turning once or twice, until lightly charred in spots, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a blender and add chile, garlic, lime zest and juice, and oil. Blend until smooth; season dressing with salt.
- Toss cabbage, radishes, and half of dressing in a large bowl. Taste and season with salt and add more dressing if needed. Top with mint and onion just before serving.