Indulge in an Italian classic featuring our cottage cheese!
What you need
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 to 5 cups Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 2 cups Alpenrose 4% Cottage Cheese
- 2 Stiebrs Farms Organic Eggs
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed meal (chia seeds are a great alternative)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ cup BelGioioso Shredded Parmesan
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 12 no-boil or oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 ½ cups Tillamook Shredded Mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the spinach and stir around until just barely wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
Blend the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and mix with eggs, flaxseed meal, oregano, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Stir in the spinach and set aside.
To assemble the lasagna, spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and spread a few dollops of sauce around in the bottom of the pan.
Arrange 3 noodles, top with about 1 cup sauce, 1 cup creamy spinach mixture, and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat for three complete layers.
Top it all off with the last three lasagna noodles, 1 cup sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella.
Cover with greased foil so the cheese doesn’t stick and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum