Kick off your week with this healthy and delicious breakfast casserole!
What you need
- 8 oz. turkey sausage
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 6 Stiebrs Farms Extra Large Eggs and 6 egg whites
- 1 ¾ cup Alpenrose 1% Milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- One 9-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- ¾ cup Tillamook Shredded Cheddar
- ½ cup BelGiosio Shredded Parmesan
- ½ whole wheat baguette, cut into ¾-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- Cooking spray
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add the turkey and scallions and cook, stirring to break up any large chunks, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add the cooked sausage, spinach, both types of cheese, and bread and toss to distribute ingredients evenly.
Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the egg mixture evenly in the dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake the casserole, uncovered, until set and lightly browned on top, about 30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Food Network