Taste of Summer: Grilled Pork Chops With Plum Chutney
Sunday, June 19, 2022
Looking for a delicious and easy way to enjoy the taste of summer? Try this grilled pork chop recipe that Executive Chef Lucy Larson has prepared exclusively for Alpenrose Home Delivery Customers who order this week's harvest box. This dish is simple to make and bursting with flavor. Plus, it's perfect for a July 4th cookout! Here's what you'll need:
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 4 pork chops bone-in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb plums, sliced in half
- ¼ cup Walla Walla onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees.
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, and coriander in a bowl. Season pork with spice mix and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, occasionally stirring, until softened.
- Stir in plums, sugar, balsamic vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Grill pork chops for 4-6 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Let pork rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve plum chutney over grilled pork chop.