Sweet Corn and Blueberry Salad with Pan-seared Chicken
Friday, September 9, 2022
As summer comes to a close, we’re preparing to say goodbye to our harvest boxes. September will be the last month to get curated CSA-style boxes of fresh produce delivered to your doorstep. Get them while they’re still here! This month's harvest bounty includes:
Sweet Corn and Blueberry Salad w/ Pan-seared Chicken
Makes 2 Servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked and corn silk removed
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into 1” pieces
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Optional additions: toasted almonds, slivered red onions, feta
- Toss chicken in olive oil, salt, and pepper. In a medium sauté pan, brown and cook chicken until completely cooked or internal temperature reaches 165F. Set aside.
- Cut corn from cobs being sure to remove any remaining corn silk.
- In a large salad bowl, place green leaf, corn, blueberries, and balsamic dressing. Toss until thoroughly coated.
- Divide into two salad bowls, top with chicken. Serve immediately.
Get your harvest box at Summer Harvest Box.